The Ring Floodlight Cam is a home security camera that can be used to monitor and record activity around your property. The camera has a wide-angle lens that allows you to see a large area, and it also has night vision so that you can continue to monitor your property even in low-light conditions. The camera can be set to record continuously, or you can choose to only record when motion is detected. You can also set up alerts so that you are notified when the camera detects activity. The Ring Floodlight Cam is a great way to deter burglars and keep your property safe. However, is the Ring Floodlight Cam wireless?
Is the Ring Floodlight Cam Wireless?
When you say wireless, that can mean two things: wireless as in battery powered or wireless as in does it need an internet cable to be plugged in it or can it use Wi-Fi?
Well, the Ring Floodlight Camera is not wireless. It must be connected to a power source in order to operate and needs to be hardwired. It comes with everything you need to wire it into your existing electrical system. In theory, it’s easy to do it yourself, but it’s recommended that hire you an electrician to do it for you.
Does the Ring Floodlight Cam need Wi-Fi?
The short answer is yes, the Ring Floodlight Cam needs Wi-Fi in order to function. This is because the camera needs to be able to connect to the internet in order to stream live footage, record footage, and send notifications.
How to install the Ring Floodlight Cam
Assuming you have already purchased your Ring Floodlight Cam, the following instructions will guide you through installing it.
1. Find an ideal location to install your floodlight cam. It should be placed high enough to get a clear view of the area you wish to illuminate, and close enough to an electrical outlet to avoid the need for an extension cord.
2. Once you have found the perfect spot, use the provided mounting bracket to secure the floodlight cam in place.
3. Next, connect the power cable to the back of the floodlight cam and plug it into an outlet.
4. Finally, use the Ring app to connect your floodlight cam to your home Wi-Fi network. Once it is connected, you’ll be able to control it and view live footage from anywhere.
How long do Ring Floodlights last?
It’s no secret that Ring floodlights are built to last. In fact, many customers report that their floodlights last for years without any issues. However, there are a few things that can affect the lifespan of your floodlights, such as:
1. Environmental conditions: If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions (e.g. high winds, freezing temperatures, etc.), your floodlights may not last as long as they would in more moderate conditions.
2. Usage: How often you use your floodlights will also affect their lifespan. If you use them regularly, they will likely need to be replaced sooner than if you only use them occasionally.
Overall, you can expect your Ring floodlights to last for several years, even with regular use. However, if you take good care of them and use them sparingly, they could last even longer.
Do you need an electrician to install Ring Floodlight camera?
Most people don’t need an electrician to install their Ring Floodlight Camera, but there are a few things to keep in mind. If you’re not comfortable working with electricity, it’s probably best to hire an electrician.
There’s two answers for this one question: Yes, the Ring Floodlight cam is wireless, since it needs Wi-Fi to stream live footage. But it is not wire-less since you need to plug it in or hardwire it to a power source since it doesn’t use batteries.
In case you want a fully wireless security camera, the Ring Spotlight Cam Plus is a great option. It’s battery powered and offers a lot of features. Read more about it in another article, where we also fixed a common problem with it: Ring Spotlight Cam Stuck in Black and White